1. Eligibility: Use of the Service is void where prohibited. The Service is for users of all ages. Each teacher maintains his/her own account and each student maintains his/her own account. The student account may be operated with or without the student's true name and/or email address. Parental consent is required for children below 13 to create an account using the student's name and/or email address or for an account to be created for a student by a teacher using the student's name and/or email address. By using the Service, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; and (c) your use of the Service does not violate any applicable law or regulation.
2. Your AreteLabs Account and Data: If you create an account on the Service, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and data, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account. You must immediately notify AreteLabs of any unauthorized uses of your data, your account or any other breaches of security. AreteLabs will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions. AreteLabs may from time to time set storage limits for your data, or take any other measures AreteLabs considers appropriate to manage the Service. AreteLabs may also from time to time change its policies on offering commercial content or displaying advertising, and it may do this without notice.
3. Prohibited Content and Activities, and Responsibility of Contributors: If you create quizzes, comment via the discussion boxes, post material to the Service, post links on the Service, or otherwise make material available by means of the Service (any such material, "Content"), you are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, computer software or any other format in which AreteLabs stores data.
The purpose of the Service is studying, and users are asked to post only study-related Content. The following are examples of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited to post on or through the Service. AreteLabs reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in AreteLabs's sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending Content from the Service and terminating the accounts of such violators. Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to, Content that, in the sole discretion of AreteLabs:
The following are examples of the kind of activity that is illegal or prohibited on the Service. AreteLabs reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in AreteLabs's sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, reporting you to law enforcement authorities. Prohibited activity includes, but is not limited to:
By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
By submitting Content to AreteLabs for inclusion on the Service, for example posting a quiz, you grant AreteLabs a world-wide, perpetual, royalty-free license (with right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display, and distribute such Content in any and all media or distribution methods (now or later developed).
Such additional uses by AreteLabs, or other companies or individuals who partner with AreteLabs, may be made with no compensation paid to you with respect to the Content that you submit, post, or otherwise make available through the Service.
4. Responsibility of Service Visitors: AreteLabs has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material posted to the Service, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material's content, use or effects. By operating the Service, AreteLabs does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Service may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Service may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. AreteLabs disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Service, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
Content Posted on Other Websites: We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which AreteLabs links, and that link to AreteLabs. AreteLabs does not have any control over those non-AreteLabs websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-AreteLabs website or webpage, AreteLabs does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive Content. AreteLabs disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-AreteLabs websites and webpages.
6. Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy: As AreteLabs asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by AreteLabs violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify AreteLabs. AreteLabs will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. In the case of a visitor who may infringe or repeatedly infringes the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of AreteLabs or others, AreteLabs may, in its discretion, terminate or deny access to and use of the Service. In the case of such termination, AreteLabs will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to AreteLabs.
7. Trademarks: AreteLabs, aretelabs.com, the aretelabs.com logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with AreteLabs, or the Service are trademarks or registered trademarks of AreteLabs or AreteLabs's licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Service may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Service grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any AreteLabs or third-party trademarks.
8. Changes: The Service, including without limitation all content there available and these Terms and Conditions, may be changed at the sole discretion of AreteLabs and without notice. You are bound by any such updates or changes, including but not limited to those affecting these Terms and Conditions, and so should periodically review these Terms and Conditions.
9. Limitation of warranties of AreteLabs, its suppliers and its licensors: Except as otherwise expressly stated, all content posted to or available from the Service is provided "as is", and AreteLabs, its suppliers and its licensors make no representations or warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title or non-infringement of proprietary rights. You understand and agree that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Service at your own discretion and risk, and that AreteLabs, its suppliers and its licensors will have no liability or responsibility for any damage to your computer system or data that results from the download or use of such content or services. Some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above may not apply to you.
10. Limitation of liability of AreteLabs, its suppliers and its licensors: Except as otherwise expressly stated, in no event will AreteLabs, its suppliers or its licensors be liable to you or any other party for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or exemplary damages, regardless of the basis or nature of the claim, resulting from any use of the Service, or the contents thereof or of any hyperlinked website including without limitation any lost profits, business interruption, loss of data or otherwise, even if AreteLabs, its suppliers or its licensors were expressly advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event will the aggregate liability for any and all of your claims against AreteLabs, its suppliers and its licensors arising out of or related to use of the Service, or the contents thereof or of any hyperlinked website exceed the amounts actually paid by you to AreteLabs during the 12-month period prior to the date a claim is made. Some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for certain incidental or consequential damages, so some of the above limitations may not apply to you. The parties agree that this Section 10 represents a reasonable allocation of risk.
12. Indemnification: You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless AreteLabs, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising out of your use of the Service, including but not limited to out of your violation of any representation or warranty contained in these Terms and Conditions.
13. Miscellaneous: These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between AreteLabs and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of AreteLabs, or by the posting by AreteLabs of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, these Terms and Conditions, any access to or use of the Service will be governed by the laws of the state of Illinois. If any part of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties' original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of these Terms and Conditions or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under these Terms and Conditions to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms; AreteLabs may assign its rights under these Terms and Conditions without condition. These Terms and Conditions will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.